Monday, March 10, 2008

Welcome to my corner!

My name is Chris, a hard working student at the Griffith university on the Gold Coast, in the state of Queensland, Australia. I'm originally from Norway (that is in northern Europe, like Scandinavia),
but I decided to come out here to study instead of back home. We actually have a debate back home at this point about international students, and why Norwegian students don't want to study whole degrees in other countries. It's a good debate, because it might get to the point where I get more financial support to study down here!

This is a blog we had to make during my first semester in a course called New Communication Technologies. In this course, we learn about the pros and cons concerning communication technologies in the 20Th and 21st century. We debate these pros and cons and trying to figure out and establish a basic knowledge about this stuff. It's quite interesting to be honest.
This is actually all new to me, and I'm a bit excited about this all university thing.
I haven't been in school for about 3 years now and it's quite weird to be back, especially here, where everything differs from high school and Norwegian universities.

When I'm done here I'm hoping to have learned enough to get into the Norwegian film school.
I have really been wavering about what to study and what to do when I'm done, but making screenings is really funny. I've been doing some amateur movies back home but it's not much to shout about. I'm just hoping it interests me enough to keep that track, because I really want to do something exciting, and movie making looks so cool. Just to be able to see actors in action, see everything from the set, through a camera, from different angles in different light settings, and then be able to go and cut the whole thing into a movie. It sounds incredible. The downside might be the bad reviews and lack of audience at the cinemas. But I could always join a documentary crew or a news team.

But studies isn't the only thing that lured me to Australia.
While I'm here, I'm hoping to see most of the country as possible, and maybe be able to go to New Zealand as well. I'm definitely going to try to test out your mountains and ski slopes on a snowboard, because I love snowboarding, and other board styles as well.
Picking up surfing is also a thing on my to-do list. It would be fun to hit the waves and feel the adrenaline while riding the waves, because I think it will be something totally different than riding down powdery and snowy slopes in the mountains.

I think that is enough said about me.

I'll be back later on with some more of Adams task

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

http://jonathansenior.blogspot.com/